“Get in the Real Estate Game” with Pam Hill
Today’s guest is Pam Hill. She is a Harvard and Dartmouth-educated entrepreneur and CEO of a multi-million dollar real estate company, a business and money expert, a podcaster and a blogger, a former Fortune-500 executive, and the founder of My Smart Cousin. Here are the top tips from Pam.
- “My Smart Cousin” is a real estate company that was born from the desire to treat clients like family.
- When buying a home, rather than trying to qualify for as much money as possible for a mortgage, consider buying less. A cheaper fixer-upper might be a better long-term investment.
- When investing in real estate, especially for houses that you will renovate, consider waiting to see the value of the property increase over time vs. making a quick flip.
- Rental properties can allow you to earn income while also building long-term investment.
- Rental properties can break even in 4-5 years, and even economically priced homes often increase in value over time.