Have a Strategy for Choosing College with Beth Probst
We come alongside families with students who are speeding toward a transition to college and career. Personal Career Path:
- Beth was in a sales and marketing career, selling tech products when she stumbled on students preparing to transition to high school, interviewing them as possible sales assistants, and realized they had no framework to make solid decisions about their life or career; this was the light bulb in her head moment. She asked herself: can I do something structured to help them make more informed decisions on their journey through High School into college?
- Are there alternatives that are viable and probably less costly?
- Pick a college
- Choose a course of study or major
- Determine a career path
- Help their students consider who they are – i.e. self-assessment
- Tie that to careers they like, i.e. what kind of education do I need for the career I aspire to?
- What major(s) do I need to consider that fit my career and which colleges offer them?
- The pre college prep: we provide free webinars on this; the best time is when a family or Student starts to ask specific questions or considering college visits
- Guided self-assessment – which actually requires a chunk of time; when the student has adequate experiences to enable a 5-hour interview, and this dovetails with their sophomore year in high school, but could extend to the first 2 years of college.