Tag: Chuck Jaffe
“The best part of teaching kids about finances has been the conversations I’ve had with them about their financial decisions.” — Chuck Jaffe
In today’s episode, we welcome Chuck Jaffe to the podcast. Chuck is the author of three books titled ‘Getting Started in Finding a Financial Advisor’, ‘The Right Way to Hire Financial Help’ and ‘Chuck Jaffe’s Lifetime Guide to Mutual Funds.’ His two books on working with financial advisors have made them a rare critical voice in financial planning. Chuck is host of Money Life, a veteran financial journalist, nationally-syndicated financial columnist, and his work appears in newspapers from coast to coast.
Chuck talks with me about his interesting approach to teaching finances and investments to younger children.
- I am an expert when it comes to hiring financial advisors.
- The key thing to me which is really important is knowing that there is no one right way to reach your financial goals.
- I'm agnostic to approach unless the approach is going to hurt people.
- At home, Halloween is how I teach other people's kids about money choices and investment through games and lotteries.
- The best part has been the conversations I've had with the kids about not only saving money, but spending as well.
- Children start learning money lessons really early and I have been teaching my children about trading stocks and ownership of companies.
- The benefit to me, as a result of this has been my daughter telling me that she is maxing out her 401 K.
Connect With Chuck