Tag: Judd Burdon
“Building a Business and a Life That Helps” with Judd Burdon
“If you're surrounded by people and systems that are draining your battery every single day, I strongly recommend that you silence those and move towards direction of charge, guidance and positivity.” - Judson Burdon
In today’s episode, we welcome Judson Burdon into the podcast. Judson is the president of Asphalt Kingdom. It's the top website for asphalt maintenance resources, equipment, and supplies for the United States and Canada. He is passionate about helping people build their own businesses and achieve the life of their dreams.
Judson talks about finding his purpose and how his company is helping people build their business and live a life of purpose.
- It took some drive and field experience to realize what I really wanted to chase and hunt for in my life.
- When I was 18 years old and fresh out of high school, I became an integration aide at Sunnydale Elementary School in the West Island of Montreal with autistic children.
- I love adversity and challenge because it gives you the opportunity to overcome it, and become stronger from it.
- I worked with an autistic child and helped him to excel tremendously, but later passed on which left an emotional impact on me.
- I knew I helped him and his family, and that was a special moment of feeling a little bit of purpose, and it helped me have some purpose about what it is that I wanted to do.
- I got a sales job making $500- $800 a day, and after three months I opened my own company and to become the biggest pavement asset management company.
- I sold the company off and moved to Anguilla in the Caribbean, where I later started Asphalt Kingdom which has grown over the years to an eight-figure company.
- When I look back, at those two years working on the company before it picked, the thing that really pulled me through was surrounding myself by a circle of people that really believe and having mentorship through that process.
- If you're surrounded by people and systems that are draining your battery every single day, I strongly recommend that you silence those and move towards direction of charge, guidance and positivity.
- The most exciting part of my journey happened about four years when we lost our son for 17 minutes and then came back to life.
- In my moment of grief, I got the message that I needed to help as many people as I possibly could in my lifetime and that's what I do today.
- What we truly do at Asphalt Kingdom is we help people build their own business, in the asphalt maintenance industry, to allow them to work towards a future that allows them to be freer.
- Let's not be drawn back to average but be powerful and remember that we are here to impact people's lives positively.
Connect with Judson: https://www.linkedin.com/in/judson-burdon-70402262/ https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=517588482