Tag: Rebecca Jensen
"Getting your mind right is the most important part of owning and managing wealth." - Rebecca Jensen
In today’s episode, we welcome Rebecca Jensen to the podcast. Rebecca is a CPA at MaxQTC Incorporated, a business consulting firm focused on family office services. Rebecca has over 25 years of experience as a CPA and specializes in helping families retain assets and grow wealth across generations. Essentially, she helps families manage their family wealth like a business.
Rebecca talks to me about her experiences and how she helps families retain assets and manage their wealth.
- I got into accounting and worked with Deloitte in Seattle until I had my children where I decided to open up my own accounting firm.
- We worked with small business owners until I sold off the firm and ended up working for a company as a CFO.
- I later ended up going independent, and I started working with clients, both individuals and businesses, to help them transfer wealth and do transition leadership for companies.
- We also run family office services where we combine our team of professionals and prepare taxes and help people with cash flow plans.
- One of the things that is really important is having clear communication between the family members on what's happening with assets.
- One of the first things we do is we run an analysis with our clients and make sure that they've got enough money to retire comfortably.
- For the generation of people who are good savers and have a lot of assets, the plan will be to help that next generation.
- It is important to be careful in transferring large assets, and make sure that whoever is in charge of them, has the experience to not have it ruin their lives.
- There's a lot of wisdom that needs to be passed on before you transfer the actual management of assets to allow the family to benefit from them for many generations.
- I realized that getting your mind right is the most important part of owning and managing wealth.
- If you try to just do your planning in the middle of tax season, you're not gonna get the best advice because they just don't have the time and mental energy.
- For people who get to inherit wealth without experience, find someone who is experienced to help in managing the wealth.
Connect with Rebecca